Monday, October 26, 2009

Allergy accusations

ATM: kids are in the living room and I am in the lower lvl. I can here druid babbling to himself and lock is pretty quiet. I think he is playing with a puzzle or some cars, but at last check he was laying under a blanket on my favorite chair. He is coughing and lethargic.

Hubby finally admitted that the lock gets sick almost every time we go to his parents house. Now we have to decide how to handle it. The problem is more likely the smoke than the dog. The bigger problem is that I don't want to make MIL angry and insult her housekeeping skills. I mean what can she do if her husband won't stop smoking in the house? It's actually pretty heartbreaking that hubby will leave me and the kids at home and go there to bond with his dad and watch foot ball. It goes into my problem of not having much off time most weeks. That's another problem for another entry.

I have had to limit the visits to my parents house because of the dust and general lack of baby proofing. But for me it's harder to tell his family that. At this point I am going to have to put Lock's health first. I don't want him to have to get allergy injections like some kids. He is allergic to dust mites and it would seem cigarette smoke. (mental note to get lock and appointment with allergist**done). I guess I am the only person that takes this seriously. Ok, maybe not, my mom worries more about it than I do. Yet another problem for another entry.

So I need to come up with a way to make myself happy. Here is what I want to accomplish:

Lock needs to avoid things that make him sick (this is my responsibility)

Want kids to know their grandparents and spend time with them

For today I have given him his Allegra and a dose of Motrin. In an hour will check his temp and decide about school. He seems to be perking up and not very drippy but the warmth still persists. And he is ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Allergies are horrible for our kiddos. My son has issues with seasonal allergies. I was once told that allergies to foods, enviornment and excema are all connected. Gabe has all three. UGH. Poor kid!

    We plan on doing the shots this next year. It takes like two years of shots, but we have been on medicine (three kinds) daily for years.

    Hang in there with your MIL. Remember she really wants what is best for her grandkids too!

    I'll come back and check on how your blog is coming along.

    :)
    Hartley

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say something nice...you will be deleted. and i will probably go and cry. i am sensitive.