Thursday, April 15, 2010

Is my blog really ME?


I woke up today thinking about my blog. wondering if anyone is still out here. My thought was why don't I write in it often? After a few minutes of lazing about while the hubby got dressed a new question popped up: "what should I write about?" some of the topics that I like to discuss are my perceptions of parenting and motherhood, my kids special needs, and my video game addiction. The first two actually depress me, and the third gets me excited.

If you want to get me started just start talking World of Warcraft with me. I will go on for hours about it.. it's just a BONUS if you play too. But do I want to Blog about my adventures in Azeroth? What does that say about me? Do I need to put up a front for the few people that read my blog that know me in real life? Am I still concerned about this all getting back to my family? Should I be?

Does it say something really bad if you are a mom that does not want to blog about your kids? Right now I just have trouble facing all my mothering issues. It's easier to look at what I see are my shortcomings and think, "if this were WoW I could just…" It's kind of like on The Guild when Codex's avatar has to tell her to stop thinking like she does in real life and think like she is in game. Seriously, I am a healer most of the time in-game. Who needs a better role model for mothering.

Anyway, I do spent many of my most enjoyable hours saving Azeroth for the clutches of evil, but I never let my kids needs go too long while I play. I really enjoy making up stories about what Druci is doing on the screen while the boys sit on my lap. I also have rules in place for playing during mothering hours. You have to have limits and clear rules in your parenting.

After thinking it over and writing about it here I think I will play round with wow ideas on here more. And maybe every now and then I can share a bit of what's going on with the baby toons. Thanks for helping me work through that! md

1 comment:

  1. Writing is only theraputic if you enjoy it -- so write about what you love!

    Happy to see you back writing,
    Hartley
    www.hartleysboys.com

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say something nice...you will be deleted. and i will probably go and cry. i am sensitive.